Wednesday 3 August 2016

Confessions of a Nail Polish Addict 2016

Over the last year and a half I have been trying to change my nail polish buying habits. Meaning buying less and using (up) my existing nail polishes. For 2016 I set myself some challenging goals (you can read about it here and here) and I must say I am not doing badly at all. But let me share with you my numbers and see for yourself.



Bought: 9 polishes
My goal was to limit myself to buy one polish per month, which I almost managed to do. 9 polishes in 8 months is not to bad especially considering that last year I had bought about 20 polishes by this time. Having bought just nine, is quite an accomplishment for me. Plus the year is not over so technically I can still manage to hit my goal. Fingers crossed!
   
 
Gifted: 3 polishes
When my mom came to visit me this year she got me a set of 3 Nails Inc. polishes which I absolutely love. They look very fancy and the packaging feels very luxurious (heavy glass bottle, mirrored cap). Love to have these in my collection.
 

 

Used up: 4 polishes
While I have been buying less polishes, I have also been using up less. Reason being that instead on solely focusing on the polishes of my project polish I have also been enjoying using other polishes in my collection. I wouldn’t mind using up a bit more but overall I am quite happy about it and confident I will be finishing a couple more by the end of the year.

Overall I feel great, as I think that I have been able to change my buying habits. I love nail polish and nothing is going to change that but instead of running of and buying more shades that I probably already own I am now enjoying using the polishes I have already bought.


What are your nail polish collection goals?
 
xoxo, 
Christina
 

2 comments:

  1. love your posts. Please an you include a color wheel for the project ploish. You can show us the colors you are working and cross off the ones you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoy the posts :-) Will definitely include a color wheel for my next project polish. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete