Tuesday 2 February 2016

Products I regret buying: Catrice "Quick Dry & High Shine" Top Coat

I think all of us have been in a situation where we needed our nail polishes to dry fast. Whether it was because we had to leave the house or open some sort of box or just weren´t in the mood to wait longer than 5 min for our nail polish to dry. All of that has happend to me before which is why I am always on the hunt for a good fast drying top coat.



On one of my last trips to the drugstore I decided to give Catrice "Quick Dry & High Shine Top Coat" a chance. While I wish I could say that I found an amazing top coat, sadly the search continues...

Here is why:


The consistency of the polish is very runny and liquid, almost like water, so you have to very careful when applying it, making sure that the brush doesn’t pick up to much product as otherwise you will end up having nail polish everywhere.

I also found that the bristles of the polish would easily stain and actually remove some of the polish I had previously applied, this happend especially when using darker shades. I would have to wipe of the brush on a paper towel between uses, to avoid that the color would transfer. 

The biggest disappointed though is that it that the polish does not seem to be drying at all. Well at least not compared to other quick-dry topcoats I have tried such as the Seche Vite.

Overall I am not happy as I feel that instead of finidng a product that would allow me to leave the house faster after painitng my nails, I have more work trying to make this work.  

TRY Instead:
I am know using the topcoat as a nail polish thinner as it seems to work well for that.   

If you are looking for a drying top coat try the SECHE VITE, that works like a charm. Always.

What is your favorite fast drying top coat?

xoxo,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment