Tuesday 9 December 2014

NotW: Essence "Only purple matters"


I love love love the color of this nail polish!! The purple with the fuchsia sparkles is just right up my alley, which is why when I saw the color I had to have it. Sadly, it is not fun to apply. It takes hours for the nail polish to dry and the application is anything else but smooth because the polish comes out quite thick out of the bottle. Anyway, I tried my best and making this work and I at least wanted to paint my nails once with it. 


How to recreate this design: 
 
1. Apply two coats of Essence "Only purple matters". Really make sure that this first coat is completely dry before applying the second one. As the nail polish comes out quite thick this might take a little longer than usual. Ok, a lot longer than usual (it took me about 40min). Maybe you can try applying a fast drying top coat before applying the second coat as it help the polish to dry faster.
 
2. Once the nail polish is completely dry (this is essential, as otherwise you will be smudging everything everywhere) I stamped this flowery design from one of my Essence stamping plates (unfortunately I can´t tell you which one, because I don´t see a name or number on it).
 
3. Apply one coat of your favorite top coat and place a rhinestone in the middle design. I chose this blue one because I liked the contrast between the purple/fuchsia with the blue.
 
4. Finally apply another coat of top coat to make sure that the rhinestone will stay in place and voila! You are done!


 How to you feel about a nail polish color that look so beautiful in the bottle but is complicated to apply?
 
xoxo, 
Christina 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment